How To Participate
GrasslandsLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure provides teachers, students and the general public with informative and interactive ways to learn about grasslands. Join us to:
- Get students and the public involved in grasslands.
- Educate students about the importance and conservation of grasslands.
- Develop an understanding of grasslands as a unique ecosystem.
- Understand the role of citizens, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in protecting and conserving natural resources.
- Meet national science education standards as they relate to grasslands.
You may participate in this distance learning adventure in a number of ways:
Register for GrasslandsLIVE
CLICK HERE to register so that you can keep up-to-date.
- Check out all of the resources on the web site
- Review the web site for LESSON PLANS and LINKS to teach about grasslands.
- Click on ASK A SCIENTIST and submit a question to one of our freshwater scientists. Check back on the web site for the answer.
- GET INVOLVED in a service learning project that helps conserve or protect grasslands.
- CONNECT with us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/FSNatureLIVE or Twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/FSNatureLIVE.
- A video of GrasslandsLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventures will soon be available as streaming video. Please check back soon.
After the Program
- Please fill out the EVALUATION and give us your feedback.
- If you can't join us the day of the webcast, no problem! The online video and all of the resources will stay on the web site so that you can watch later.
- The webcasts will be archived and may be used later in the year or with future classes.