Goals & Objectives
The goal of GrasslandsLIVE: A Distance Learning Adventure is to raise awareness and understanding of the importance of grasslands.
The objectives of this distance learning program are to:
- Educate students and the general public about the management, importance, and conservation of grasslands.
- Learn about birds and other animals that depend on grassland habitat.
- Understand the connection between grasslands in the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
- Understand the role of citizens, public land management agencies, and non-governmental organizations in managing, protecting, and conserving natural resources.
- Increase participation in and understanding of citizen science programs related to grasslands so that students learn the importance of being a good steward.
- Meet national education standards as they relate to grasslands.